A lot is going on around the ranch. New mama sheep and their babies have arrived and now call the pen in our guest garden home. Our mamas goats are pregnant. Our community garden is up and running.
And IT'S RAINING!
Finally the rain has come and it looks like it is staying for the next two weeks. On and off, of course, but we will take what we can get!
April 20th through the 24th is still available for Spring Break bookings!
winter recipe: Creamed Kale
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/16 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 16 oz kale
- Microwave, steam, or saute the kale until tender. Drain any excess liquid. You can also use frozen defrosted kale.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and when melted, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute until it begins to brown. Whisk the milk in slowly.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cream cheese. Stir gently until melted.
- Add the kale and stir together.
- Pour into a baking dish coated with cooking spray and sprinkle remaining Parmesan on topTop with buttered toasted bread crumbs. Bake for 10 minutes.