Here at Rancho Dos Amantes we are preparing and looking foward to the new year.
2017 held some great events for us. from Cooking Classes to Weddings, we've hosted many guests. Right now we are relaxing with family and staying warm for the Winter. We would like to invite you and yours to join us on the ranch to disconnect to reconnect. Our Casitas comfortably sleep up to twelve guests and our Red Barn commercial quality kitchen has all the tools you need to cook like a chef.
Come help us sow the seeds for the year to come and make memories to last a lifetime!
We still have a few dates in January, February and March 2018!
Triple Chocolate Frozen Mousse
A holiday favorite amongst our friends and family.
This recipe is a gift from our family to yours. Enjoy!
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 12 yolks
· ½ cup sugar
· 3 ½ cups heavy cream
White chocolate mousse
· 5 oz white chocolate
· 1 ½ teaspoons instant coffee
Milk chocolate mousse
· 5 oz milk chocolate
· 1 ½ teaspoons cognac or whiskey
Dark chocolate mousse
· 5 oz bittersweet chocolate
· 2 tablespoons cognac or whiskey
1. With the melted butter, brush 12 x ¾ cups dariole cups. Line the bottom of each cup with a circle cut from wax paper and butter the circles. Arrange the cups on a flat baking tray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, using the whisk, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar on high speed until the mixture is a pale yellow, almost white, and very thick. (Note: If you think its ready, give it another 5 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of cream to a boil. With the mixer on a low speed, slowly pour the cream, into the egg yolk mixture and continue to whisk until completely incorporated. Divided into three equal portions, about 2 cups each, and refrigerate, covered, until needed.
4. In a clean bowl, with a clean whisk, whip the remaining 1½ cups cream to soft peaks. Refrigerate covered until needed. When ready to use, whisk slightly to return to the soft peak stage. Be careful not to over whip the cream.
5. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or small heat-proof bowl placed over low, simmering water. Turn off the heat when the chocolate is almost melted and let the bowl sit over the water to finish melting. Stir occasionally. In a small saucepan, bring one of the egg yolk mixtures (about 2 cups) just to a boil, stirring all the while. Strain into a clean bowl of the mixer. With a rubber spatula, scrape in the melted chocolate, add the instant coffee and with the whisk, whisk until the bottom of the bowl feels cool to the touch. Refrigerate, covered, about 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and fold in 1/3 (about 1 cup) of the softly whipped cream. For easier pouring, transfer to a pitcher & divide among 12 dariole cups (about ¼ cup in each) Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
6. Repeat step 5 using the milk chocolate and the cognac. Remove the tray of cups from the freezer & divide milk chocolate mixture among the cups, pouring over the white chocolate mousse. Return to the freezer for at least 2 more hours.
7. For the dark chocolate, repeat step 5, but with one exception. At the point when the bowl feels cool to the touch, do not refrigerate, just fold in the softly whipped cream & continue with the recipe.