Escape to Rancho Dos Amantes for a Romantic Getaway
Disconnect to reconnect on our farm as you roam our guest garden and cook in our commercial quality kitchen with freshly harvested vegetables. Close to the town of Paso Robles, famous for it's fine wines and beautiful lakes. Take a wine tour of local vineyards or enjoy gourmet dining and a stroll through the park.
Considering making a special treat for a loved one?
Try out this decadent recipe:
Chocolate Chocolate Tart
- 1 ½ cups AP flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not more than 65% cocoa if marked), chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 ¾ ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
equipment: a 9 inch round fluted tart pan (1 inch deep)
- Make the crust: Prepare crust by combining all crust ingredients in a food processor. Process until a ball a forms. press into a tart pan bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool before filling.
- Make the filling: Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir until smooth. Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolate.
- Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake until filling is set about 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.) Cool completely in pan on rack, about 1 hour.
- Make the glaze: Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water Pour glaze onto tart, then tilt and rotate tart so glaze coats top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.